Thursday, October 3, 2013


Hello everybody!!


The last week we celebrated the national holiday and many people felt more Chilean than ever before. To be honest I don´t like national holiday because we just commemorate a dominate class and for me was only an opportunity to travel to my house in the south.

Today we are writing about what make Chilean and elements of the Chilean culture.
To me its a bit difficult to say what makes Chilean , what define the Chilean culture or what is so typical of Chile, because the national identity is a construction of a community  based in a sentiments of belonging with many  characteristic, customs, social interaction and with many contributions by different groups and cultures.

Many people can say  that we can find many customs deeply, for example the cueca, drinks, music even differents symbols and  material culture or elements. I consider maybe others elements important in this construction as a subordinate condition, domination relations and even I see a  vision negative and mediocre about our society.

 But in relation with the last question about elements of our culture should be celebrated, I would like to celebrate others elements and others discourse that are refused or ignore in our country .Not this national identity  from a state and not this time were just celebrate and legitimize  a dominant class.

Thanks for visit my blog, see you and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment